Terms & Conditions
Ryan Coote / Kitesurfireland Coaching is a small business committed to helping you improve and gain from your kitesurfing.
- All bookings are made with Ryan Coote Coaching whose office is Stradbally, Castlegregory, Tralee, Kerry, Ireland.
- Book a place, complete the Booking Form and send it to Ryan Coote Coaching with the agreed payment or deposit for a course. Unless the trip is full or a problem has arisen from the venue, you will receive confirmation of booking and course information via email.
- No booking will be confirmed until the agreed deposit is received.
- We accept payment by cheque or bank transfer. ALL PAYMENTS to Ryan Coote.
- Courses: Any fees paid will be refunded if the participant makes a cancellation more than 30 days before the course is to commence. Within 30 days of the course commencement fees paid will not be refunded.
- Coaching Holidays: Any fees will be refunded if the participant makes a cancellation more than 90 days before the holiday is to commence. Within 90 days of the holiday commencement fees paid will not be refunded.
- Ryan Coote reserves the right to cancel any course or holiday for any reason at any time before the start of the course. In this situation participants will be offered alternative dates or a full refund.
- In the event of non-agreeable weather Ryan Coote Coaching will implement a feature designed to simulate kitesurfing as close as possible. The design is beneficial to learning many moves on the courses but it is no substitute for the real thing. The participant will be able to rebook uncompleted hours at a later date.
- In the event of no wind it is not possible to refund the money.
- All re-bookings will be handled directly with participants for further courses and rebooking in the event of adverse conditions.
- A failure to attend a booked course will be considered a cancellation and will be subjected to the condition above.
- Courses are aimed at participants of certain abilities specified by Ryan Coote on www.kitesurfireland.ie. If the participant books onto a course at a lower level to the specification then it will be the right of Ryan to ask the participant to rebook at a time more suitable for him/her.
- In the event that the participant on the course is of a lower level then specified the course will be forfeited with no recompense unless suitable prior notice is given which is at the discretion of Ryan.
- Courses are to be sold according to the course description and content. No course should be sold as to a level ascertained on its completion.
- These booking conditions may only be waived in special circumstances, and in writing, by a letter from a Director of Ryan Coote Coaching.
- The terms and conditions of all agreements made with Ryan shall be subject to, and governed by, Irish law.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- Kitesurfing is a potentially dangerous activity. All participants must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with this activity. Injury arising from kitesurfing or associated activities can only be accepted if caused by negligence on the part of Ryan Coote
- It is an obligatory requirement for the participants to have 3rd party liability Insurance. Insurance can be purchased at Irish kitesurfing Association Here (just click to follow link)
- Ryan Coote is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to property or equipment, however caused, whilst on a course with Ryan Coote.
HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- Due to the strenuous nature of kitesurfing, all participants should be physically fit. Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before considering participating.
- All participants must be able to swim 25m and be confident swimming in open water.
- All participants must be aged 16 or over.
- Course participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during kitesurfing courses. Ryan reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Ryan may require any participant to leave the course if that person acts in any such manner as to endanger him/herself or any other participant.
- Ryan must be informed of any medical conditions (asthma, epilepsy, deafness etc) or any other special needs of any/all participants. Ryan reserves the right to refuse a person who is at a high risk to him/herself or other participants on the course.
EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Participants must provide their own equipment and clothing; all equipment must be suitable for kitesurfing and will be checked by Ryan.
- Kites and Boards may be available from our demo fleet.
- Damage or loss to Ryan's equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.
When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.